Memory Care at Birmingham Green
At Birmingham Green’s two Assisted Living facilities, Willow Oaks Birmingham Green offers an innovative and holistic approach to memory care in Manassas, Virginia, for seniors and their families seeking memory support for Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
A Holistic Approach to Memory Care
Backed by Birmingham Green’s 90-year history of excellence, we offer person-centered care that’s customized to each resident’s specific memory impairments. Our holistic approach to memory care combines high-quality health care with engaging programs — ensuring our residents with memory loss from Alzheimer’s and related forms of dementia can still have meaningful and purposeful lives.
Memory Care Services & Amenities
Memory Care at Birmingham Green focuses on creating meaningful connections through a holistic approach — engaging the mind, body, and spirit. We respect and celebrate each resident’s past while encouraging the use of their current skills.
More About Services & Amenities
At Birmingham Green, sticking to a familiar routine is imperative, so our dedicated and qualified staff help with activities and care around the clock including:
- Hygiene activities
- Getting dressed
- Household tasks
- Exercise assistance
- Medication management
- Secured housing therapists
- Interaction with our therapy dog, Vincent
- 30 beds in a secure wing
- Two private secure courtyards
- Individual care plans
- Birdsong Tablets
- All traditional nursing services
Memory Care Programs
A memory-illness diagnosis is challenging for a family and their loved ones. At Birmingham Green, we strive to make sure every aspect of our care program eases the anxiety associated with aging and memory loss, all while providing an engaging, purposeful lifestyle for those who call our community home.
More About Memory Care Programs
Memory Care Programs at Birmingham Green include:
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- Group gatherings designed to stimulate memories
- Programs that increase awareness and cognition while decreasing anxiety
- Common areas that encourage positive socialization with other residents
- Specialized engaging dementia programming
- Watching favorite TV programs or movies
- Spiritual opportunities for people of all religions
- Ongoing support for families
Contact our team today and we’ll be in touch!