The District Home at Birmingham Green has been providing care and service since 1927 – first as a consolidated home for adults from multiple jurisdictions of Northern Virginia, now as a refurbished assisted living facility. We are proud to continue the District Home’s tradition of providing care and service. It offers an affordable alternative for low income private pay individuals who are ambulatory.
The District Home provides a holistic environment of housing and services which foster and support individual personal growth and independence. the District Home offers 45 comfortable, affordable, private, and semi-private accommodations in a dormitory-like venue. The units come fully furnished, carpeted with individually controlled heat and air, and include basic cable television service. If you prefer, you can choose to bring your own furniture to create a setting that is most comfortable for you.
Base fees include room, meals, medication management, weekly housekeeping and laundry service, transportation to doctor appointments, cable television, and assistance with 2 Activities of Daily Living. Comfortable common areas include: Living Room, Fauquier Dining Room, Fairfax Room with big screen television, Activities Room, Library, and a Multi-Purpose Room.
The District Home Assisted Living Services include:
- Help with bathing
- Help with dressing
- Help with grooming
- Help with personal hygiene
- Personalized service plan, with updates as appropriate
- 3 nutritious meals, and snack as requested, coordinated by a registered dietitian
- Light housekeeping
- Scheduled activities to enhance well-being
- Beauty salon on campus
- Assistance with reminders and redirection
- Medication management
- Assistance with doctor’s appointments and transportation
- 24 hour call bell support
- Licensed medical professionals on site, 24/7
*Respite and short-stay emergency admissions available upon request